Thursday, January 21, 2010

MoreFrames Applauds:

The other day during lunch I was perusing Vimeo (the MoreFrames Vimeo page can be found here, of course), looking for new and interesting things to keep me occupied so I didn't fall asleep while eating my ramen. Somehow I bumped into the music video for the song "Joey" by the band Boy. Produced by creative collective Fluorescent Hill, it sports an illustrative quality, reproducing the ink and wash style of an old-fashioned storybook. This may sound like the type of thing you've come across before, but I can't say I've ever seen this particular style implemented so successfully. The drawings are spot-on and the animation is smart; quite a few modern motion graphics techniques are utilized, but somehow it still feels genuine. Watch it twice if you must -- then go back to MoreFrames. Remember who sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment